What is Social Media Management Software ?
Social Media Management software are computer tools that help automate, manage and analyze interactions on various social media platforms all from a single unified place. These application programs are designed and created to help facilitate and enhance an organization’s ability to successfully engage across various social communication channels. Social Media Management software provide functionalities that enable brands and people run various social media accounts by managing followership. The creation and scheduling of what is posted on these social media accounts is another use case of Social Media Management software. These computer applications are used by organizations to increase brand awareness across social media channels and manage social media workflows. Social Media Management software are well designed to achieve one of the major use cases of social media, which is the engagement of online communities and customers. Social Media Management software help social media teams to create engaging content that can be used in campaigns, thereby building a solid online presence. There is no doubt that Social Media is important to users, businesses and everyone in between. Organizations are beginning to realize this, and social media management software is the first point of call for harnessing the value offered on social media.
Social Media Management software often provide other functionalities such as social media monitoring and social media publishing. These functionalities can be a part of a social media management software suite. They can also be standalone software. Social Media has a huge amount of information, and it is often difficult to get the specifics that are being said about your organization. Social media monitoring helps identify and understand customers’ sentiments about your brand. Social media publishing helps with scheduling and distributing content across various social media channels. Essentially, social media management software helps to improve the way organizations participate in social media conversations. These computer tools help amplify a company’s presence on social media, as well as increase the efficiency of their engagement on these platforms. In its most basic form, social media management software helps an organization to connect several social media accounts and monitor, analyze and manage interactions from a single dashboard. These computer programs automate the whole social media experience, making sure brands get the most out of social media platforms.
What are the Features of Social Media Management Software
There are many features that makes social media management software important to organizations, and some of them are Dashboards, Content Development, Content scheduling, Social Media Analytics, Trend identification, Organizing customer information, Managing multiple accounts, Customer service, Storing content and archiving posts, SMM management, Influencer discovery and engagement, Managing social media workflows of employees, Customer discovery and engagement, Social Monitoring and Team collaboration.
- Dashboards: Dashboards in social media management software help make sure that the social media team can view information about all their social media accounts and activities in one place.
- Content Development: Content is king in social media, and the content development feature helps social media teams develop and organize content for social media.
- Content scheduling: The content scheduling feature in social media management software helps social media teams to create a calendar for content, as well as automatically set due dates for them to be published.
- Social Media Analytics: This is one of the most important features of social media management software as it helps track performance on social media, analyze marketing efforts, and measure ROI.
- Trend identification: Trends are a critical part of social media, as this is what brings out customers; trend identification feature is essential because it helps brands capitalize on happenings on social media platforms.
- Organizing customer information: This feature helps social media management software to effectively manage and organize information about customers.
- Managing multiple accounts: Social media management software is mostly aimed at unifying social media activities across various platforms into one place, so it is essential to easily manage multiple accounts.
- Customer service: Many customers express complaints and make inquiries on social media, so customer service integration in a social media management software will help address this.
- Storing content and archiving posts: This feature helps social media teams to store content and archive posts, which could be analyzed or used as a point of reference later.
- Management of Social Media Advertising: Social Media Advertising is an essential part of social media, and this feature will help social media teams run and manage campaigns on social media.
- Influencer discovery and engagement: Influencer marketing is very popular on social media, and even brands can profit from this form of marketing by having a social media management software that has this feature.
- Managing social media workflows of employees: This feature helps social media teams to determine and manage the workflows of every member.
- Customer discovery and engagement: Potential and existing customers are always lurking on social media platforms, and this feature helps organizations to fish them out and interact with them.
- Social Monitoring: The social monitoring feature helps organizations to listen to what is being said about their brands as well as competitors.
- Team collaboration: A social media team has to be in sync in order to perform optimally, and this feature will help achieve this.
What are the Types of Social Media Management Software
As social media management advances, it is being realized that no single tool can satisfy all operational needs. This has led to the categorical segmentation of social media management software. There are five major types of social media management software, and they are discussed below:
- Social Listening/Monitoring Software: This type of social media management software is used to find out what is being said about an organization, its competitors, and the industry in general on various social media platforms.
- Social Conversation Software: This type of social media management software is used to engage and interact with customers on social media platforms. It is also used to solve customer’s complaints and attend to enquiries about the brand.
- Social Analytics Software: This type of social media management software is used to analyze interactions and activities of a brand across social media platforms. It is used to measure ROI and search for potential opportunities on social media.
- Social Influencer Software: This type of social media management software is primarily used to identify influencers, interact with them, and use them to the benefit of a brand on social media.
- Social Media Advertising Software: This type of social media management software is used to promote paid and organic forms of advertising on social media. It is used to discover advertising opportunities and manage marketing campaigns on social media channels.
What are the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) of Social Media Management Software
- Security: The security of a social media management software is one of the important ways to measure its performance, as you will not want a software that is vulnerable to hacks and could lead to hacked social media accounts.
- Cost of Operating the software: If the cost of operating your social media management software is more than the benefits it offers you, then it might be time to ditch the software.
- Increased social media following and interaction: There has to be an increased following and interactions on your social media accounts with the use of social media management software.
- High ROI for paid advertising: This is one of the best ways to measure the performance of a social media management software; if you are receiving low ROI for paid advertising then your software is not performing well.
- Accuracy of Analytics: The accuracy of analytics provided by social media management software is a good way of measuring its performance; you will be making decisions off this analytics, and you definitely want to be making the right decisions.
What are the Benefits of Social Media Management Software
- Improved communication with customers: Social media software allows for improved interaction with customers, making them feel like the brand is much closer to them.
- Management of all social media accounts: Every brand looks to be active across various social media channels, and using social media management software helps ensure that you can effectively manage all your accounts across the channels.
- Discovery of opportunities on social media: There are a lot of sales opportunities on social media, and these management software help brands discover and harness them.
What are the Latest trends in Social Media Management Software
- Cloud-based software: Cloud-based social media management software is on the rise and it has advanced features like improved data analytics, reduced on-site cost, etc.
- More intelligent Social Media Management Software: With the advancement of AI, more intelligent social media management software are constantly being developed, and the need for human intervention is being reduced.
- Chatbots: Chatbots are on the rise, particularly across social media platforms; in fact social media users are beginning to prefer communicating with chatbots, as opposed to humans.
How to choose the right Social Media Management Software
There are some critical factors to consider when looking to select and buy a social media management software. These factors are explained below:
- Integration with other software: It is important to consider other computer applications in your organization and whether they can be integrated with your social media management software.
- Ease of onboarding of social media team: The last thing you want is to hire a new social media management team because you got a new social media management software. Hence, the ease of learning and using social media management software should be considered before making a purchase.
- Cost: Cost is important in any business, so you need to consider your budget before making any social media management software purchase.
- Mobile Support: This is becoming an increasingly important factor to consider when looking to purchase a social media management software. Customers always expect speedy responses on social media channels, and mobile support will ensure that your social media team can attend to requests conveniently.
Top Social Media Management Software
Top Free Social Media Management Software
Top Free Social Media Analytics Software
Top Free Social Publishing Software