How to Select the Best Self Service Analytics Software for Your Business
Self Service Analytics Software allows business users to analyze data to find business opportunities with out an IT background. These technological applications is an approach to advanced analytics. Self Service Analytics Software ensure that users can easily harness the numerous potential in their business data without necessarily possessing statistical or technological background.
Self Service Analytics applications help with the finding, understanding, and subsequent communication of important and key arrangements in data in forms of reports and other means. These software programs rely heavily on data and work particularly in areas with enough documented information.
Self Service analytics software works based on the simultaneous and systematic presentation of statistics, mathematics and programming to manipulate and make meaning from data. These software applications abstract the complex scientific and mathematical processes, making sure business users can easily extract potential from their business data.
What are Self Service Analytics Software?
Self Service Analytics Software helps business organizations to move from historic documentation to the prediction of forthcoming opportunities, risks and events. The importance of Self Service Analytics Software has been seen by many organizations, and they have been adopting these computer tools into their business processes.
Self Service Analytics Software allow for easy access to business database for reporting and analysis. This software tool provides means for simple and improved data analysis features, as well as cloud based solutions. One major benefit of Self Service Analytics Software is that it creates a simple, customizable, and collaborative way for end users to be able to extract business intelligence information without necessarily possessing domain specific knowledge. Essentially, these computer based tools self-service analytics enable business professionals to extract meaningful value and information out of the data without IT support, and without any working experience with data mining or business intelligence.
What are the Features of Self Service Analytics Software
There are many features that makes Self Service Analytics software important to organizations, and some of them are Data Gathering, Data Storage, Data Filters, Data Visualization, Data Summary/Reporting, Customizable Operation, Collaboration, Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, Dashboard, Predictive Analytics, Real-time Analytics, Point-in-Time Analytics, Prompts for Lower-Skilled Users, Integration of Data, Features for High-Skilled Users, Natural Language Processing, Social Media Analytics and Security.
- Data Gathering: This feature allows Self Service Analytics software to gather and source for data from various channels, in order to capture the entirety of a business’ operation.
- Data Storage: This feature allows Self Service Analytics software to store data sourced from the various channels of the business.
- Data Cleaning: Data gotten from the various channels of a business are usually messy, and this feature allows Self Service Analytics software to clean and make the data ready for analysis.
- Data Filters: This feature allows the Self Service Analytics software to filter, slice, group and screen data according to the needs at the time.
- Data Visualization: This feature allows for data to be communicated in visual manners via graphs, charts and other forms of visualization.
- Data Summary/Reporting: Sometimes a summary of data is all that is needed, and this feature allows for data to be summarized and presented in a simple report by the Self Service Analytics software.
- Customizable Operation: This feature ensures that the operation of the Self Service Analytics software is customizable to meet the business needs of the organization.
- Collaboration: The whole idea of analytics is to source for data from various channels in the business, and for this to happen there has to be collaboration amongst people in the organization; this tool ensures that.
- Business Intelligence: This feature allows the Self Service Analytics software to help provide relevant insight that would help with better decision making.
- Data Analysis: This feature helps the Self Service Analytics software to manipulate data and extract information from it that is useful to the business.
- Dashboard: The dashboard ensures that everything about the Self Service Analytics software can be viewed, navigated and accessed from a single place.
- Predictive Analytics: This feature ensures that the Self Service Analytics software can analyze data and make predictions or projections about the future.
- Real-time Analytics: This feature helps the Self Service Analytics software to perform analysis on data in real time, as streams of data are coming in.
- Point-in-Time Analytics: This feature allows the Self Service Analytics software to perform analysis on data over a defined or specific time period, helping the organization detect trends.
- Prompts for Lower-Skilled Users: This feature is useful as it helps the Self Service Analytics software to be easily operated by low-skilled users.
- Integration of Data: The integration of Self Service Analytics software with different sources of data in the organization is one feature of this software.
- Features for High-Skilled Users: This Self Service Analytics software feature is developed for users who are highly skilled and gives them advanced controls over the operation of this software.
- Natural Language Processing: This feature helps Self Service Analytics software to be able to process semantics and natural language, detecting possible business opportunities from the views of customers.
- Social Media Analytics: Social media is an integral part of any business in today’s world and this feature helps the Self Service Analytics software to perform effective analysis on social media.
- Security: Self Service Analytics software deals with and relies on data, hence security is an important feature.
What are the Types of Self Service Analytics Software
There is barely any one-size-fits-all Self Service Analytics software. This is why there are several types of this software application. The different types of Self Service Analytics software focus on particular niches and make sure to achieve them effectively. There are different things that can be done to data, and the different types of Self Service Analytics software capture this. They are:
- Data Management Self Service Analytics software: This type of Self Service Analytics software focuses on gathering, cleaning and storing business data. Data Management software is not equipped to perform analysis on data, but simply to prepare it for analysis.
- Data Discovery/Analysis Self Service Analytics software: This type of Self Service Analytics software helps discover trends and insight from business data by performing different analysis on the data.
- Data Reporting Self Service Analytics software: This type of Self Service Analytics software helps with the communication and reporting of insight or information gotten from the analysis of business data.
What are the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) of Self Service Analytics Software
- Accuracy of analytics: The last thing you want is a Self Service Analytics software that will provide inaccurate analytics result, as it will be important for decision making; so this is something you should use to judge a Self Service Analytics software.
- Cost of operating software: The cost of operating your Self Service Analytics software should be less than the monetary value gained from it.
- Clarity of Reporting: If the data reports and visualization you are getting from the Self Service Analytics software are not clear enough, then you might need to ditch the software.
- Ease of Use: A good Self Service Analytics software should be able to be used easily by someone without statistical or technical knowledge.
- Security: Security of data is important to businesses and organizations, and a good Self Service Analytics software should be able to ensure this.
What are the Benefits of Self Service Analytics Software
- Predictive power: Self Service Analytics software provide your business with power with predict and project future trends and events, helping you plan ahead of time for their effects.
- Uncover business opportunities: Self Service Analytics software allow you to garner insight and discover business opportunities that are hidden.
- Address Urgent issues: You can address urgent issues by real-time-analysis in Self Service Analytics software.
- Access to Data: You do not need to wait for industry reports and other sources of data, as you can now possess and analyze the data of your customers.
What are the Latest trends in Self Service Analytics Software
- Cloud-based Self Service Analytics software: Cloud computing is becoming a major influence in Self Service Analytics software as there is a need to analyze loads of data, and such can only be done on the cloud.
- Deep Learning: This branch of Machine Learning has been on the rise amongst Self Service Analytics software as it is more accurate and can solve complex problems.
How to choose the right Self Service Analytics Software
There are several important things to consider when one is looking to buy a Self Service Analytics software. These factors are expounded upon below:
- Scalability: The scalability of a Self Service Analytics software is essential as customers’ data increases.
- Cost: The cost of purchase and operating the Self Service Analytics software should be considered before buying the software.
- Collaboration Tools: It is important to know the various levels and tools of collaboration in the Self Service Analytics software.
- Restrictive Access: Data is critical in any organization, and it is important to know if the Self Service Analytics software restricts access or control over data in order to prevent compromise of the customers’ data.
Top Self Service Analytics Software
Top Self Service Analytics Software Free