Top 19 Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software
Today, products are becoming increasingly complex. Businesses must develop strategic steps before they get any product in the market to withstand its competitors and for it to remain relevant to the users.
The product lifecycle starts with the introduction stage from brainstorming, conceptualization, design, and testing, to manufacturing and finally maturity. There are several key players involved who must create technical and financial indicators, determine the product’s features, functionality and measure the opportunities available in the market.
A business has to generate systematic plans to ensure that it gets their products in the market with a smaller amount costs and efficiently scale to meet the market demand. It also needs to strategically extend the profitable years of the product maturity and ensure maximum profitability even as the product sales begin to decline. They need to get the products to the market quickly and ensure proper resource allocation. Business, therefore, needs to optimize the relationship along the product development and across the organization.
They need to maintain high levels of collaboration among supply chain team members, communication of data such as design, quality, manufacturing, and business systems and strategic management of product development including how to improve the product design and processes. They should also ensure that the product meets the compliance standards.
So how can the business achieve all this? The best solution is to digitize the production processes through robust product lifecycle management software.
Examples of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software: PTC Windchill, Bamboo Rose, Siemens Teamcenter, Arena PLM, Aras PLM, Omnify Empower PLM, Dassault ENOVIA, CMPRO, SAP PLM, Yunique PLM, Infor Optiva, PTC PLM, Autodesk Vault, Propel PLM, Oracle Agile, Autodesk Fusion Lifecycle PLM, Kalypso PLM, ProductCenter, FusePLM are some of the best examples of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software.
What are Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software?
Product Lifecycle Management Software provides support for all product-related processes from the first product idea, through manufacturing to product service. Product Lifecycle Management Software provides support for all product-related processes from the first product idea, through manufacturing to product service.
Product Lifecycle Management is the process of managing the entire lifecycle of a product from inception, through engineering design and manufacture, to service and disposal of manufactured products. PLM integrates people, data, processes and business systems and provides a product information backbone for companies and their extended enterprise.
PLM describes the engineering aspect of a product, from managing descriptions and properties of a product through its development and useful life. Product and process lifecycle management refers to the commercial management of life of a product in the business market with respect to costs and sales measures.
PLM software is a system that automates the administrative processes that go along with product development and thus allow the teams to focus on innovation.
Use of centralized product lifecycle management software keeps all stakeholders informed on all the details of designing and manufacturing the products, including the bill of materials (BOM), the suppliers for each part and the pertinent compliance records. Product lifecycle management (PLM) software helps in the systematic approach of managing the series of transformation a product passes through, from its inception, design, and development the middle and to its end of life or final maturity and disposal.
PLM software provides a data warehouse of all the information that affects the product. It can be used to automate the management of the data related to the product and integrate it with other business processes such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) and manufacturing execution systems (MES).
- Ease of use: When selecting the best PLM Software for any business, make sure that it is easy to navigate, and the users will quickly learn how to use it.
- System Integration: Another feature to consider is the ability to integrate easily with other systems that are being used by the company.
- Bill of materials (BOM) management : Helps the users keep track of information such as materials and quantities to enable the management, visualization, and sharing of data across any team in the company.
- Change management : Assists the user in change management to ensure that there is order in the process and can request, plan, implement, and evaluate the changes to a design or procedure related to the product.
- Reporting and analytics: Have strong reporting capabilities to utilize best the product information stored within the platform.
- Quality management : Offer solutions to workflows that coordinate, manage, and track cross-departmental product quality processes. The information is stored in the PLM system, and it makes it the single source of truth for quality management which means that the user can easily improve product quality while they reduce time-to-closure.
- Supplier collaboration: Have the functionality to help the user find the best supplier for the particular product. The user can approve vendors, manage their audits, and do more with the help of a PLM tool.
- Product data management (PDM) : Help the user to keep track of all the product data, enabling the organization, management, and analysis of the information. Teams across the organization can add their notes about revisions and releases as well which encourages cross-departmental collaboration for product design and manufacturing.
- Support for existing processes: PLM Software Integrates well with the existing workflows and businesses expectation and processes.
- Flexibility and accessibility: Another feature to consider is the ability to organize and communicate across businesses, industries and different teams the user work.
- Speed of implementation: Installation and implementation must not take a lot of time and must quickly integrate with other systems and workflows.
- Ensures Environmental Compliance: Provide information on whether the user is compliant with environmental standards.
- Non-Conforming Materials Reporting: Have the ability to filter out the non-conforming materials data and alert the user.
PLM Software manage the product lifecycle to be able to eliminate waste, reduce costs and improve efficiency and productivity.
Top Product Lifecycle Management Software
PTC Windchill is comprehensive product lifecycle management software that helps the companies of all sizes in the seamless management of their product development. It is a compact package that provides manufacturers with all the necessary tools for the transfer, distribution, visualization, and publishing of the product data. The internet-based design of Windchill allows companies to coordinate and operate from multiple locations. This helps the business leaders and the company managers to manage the complete product lifecycle and associated services from remote locations. Companies from a multitude of industry domains, especially the manufacturing industry, use Windchill to streamline their product development…
• Product Management, Configuration and Change Management
• Quality and BOM Management
• Reliability and Requirements Management
• Integrations & Standards
• Design and details generation
• Outsourcing Management and Process Management
• Technical Knowledge base and Assistance
• Suppliers’ Management and Collaboration Management
• Customer Experience and Feedback Management
• Data Visualization and Analysis
• Cost Estimation and Analysis
• Platform Structures
Contact for Pricing
Bamboo Rose is the only digital B2B marketplace powered by proven trade engines, so the users & community can collaboratively discover, develop, and deliver ideas and products to diverse markets around the world. Bamboo Rose helps the user to work more like the consumers shop. The user can easily find and share inspiration, develop big ideas with their buyers and suppliers, and socially manage their entire sourcing and buying community wherever they are across the globe. Bamboo Rose helps users to use their valuable time to do more of the things that really matter. From defining and managing materials, collaborating…
• B2B Marketplace solutions
• Product Lifecycle Management
• Global Sourcing
• Purchase Order and Wholesale Sales Management
• Global Trade Management
Contact for Pricing
Teamcenter PLM helps users deliver increasingly complex products to market while maximizing productivity and streamlining global operations. Teamcenter PLM features design & simulation management, document & content management, BOM management and PLM process execution. Teamcenter PLM provides cross-domain product design and simulation management through integrations with the MCAD, ECAD, software development, and simulation tools and processes the user’s design team’s use every day. Users can manage, find, share and re-use multi-domain data across geographically distributed design centers through a single, secure source of product design and simulation data. Users can understand the complex relationships and dependencies between requirements and all…
• Analyze and validate 3D designs created from multiple CAD systems
• Reporting and analytics allow you to see the big picture to establish, measure and analyze key performance metrics
• Teamcenter provides holistic, integrated materials management to help your company create innovative, sustainable products.
• Teamcenter community collaboration integrates the ad-hoc collaboration data and capabilities in Microsoft SharePoint
• Powerful search makes it easy for you to find what you need in order to do your work
Contact for Pricing
Arena PLM helps companies design, produce, and improve innovative products quickly. Arena PLM offers features such as BOM management, collaboration solutions, document management, change management, item management, project management, demand analysis, enterprise integration, product analytics, quality management, training management, compliance management, validation maintenance, issue management, bug management, requirements management and defect management. Arena’s product development focused solutions eliminate infrastructure barriers for sharing product information, exchanging ideas, and implementing changes during the entire product lifecycle. Arena PLM provides the most comprehensive approach for teams to introduce new products with fewer errors, through better visibility and enhanced collaboration. Arena PLM enables companies…
• Managing bills of materials (BOMs) in Arena accelerates your product realization processes
• Arena streamlines product review processes in context with the entire product record and related processes
• Projects allows Arena PLM users to flexibly track project progress through customizable phases with assignable milestones and tasks
• Provides quick and easy insights to measure how your product-related business processes are performing at-a-glance
• Verify connects the PLM and QMS product record real time to any and all development issues, hardware defects, and software bugs
Contact for Pricing
Aras combines enterprise open source technology with an advanced model-based service oriented architecture to deliver a highly scalable, flexible and secure PLM solution suite. Aras PLM provides capabilities such as documents, parts, bills of material, change, configuration management, projects, component engineering, quality, systems engineering, requirements, technical publications, ALM integration and PDM integration. Aras extensive out-of-the-box functionality and modern web-based, cloud-ready architecture enables users to deploy quickly and continuously enhance the user’s PLM environment in a fraction of the time required by conventional enterprise PLM / PDM systems and at a total cost of ownership far below that of any leading…
• All data synchronization is governed by business logic
• Bi-directional data synchronization allowing your team authoring flexibility
• Performance tuned to keep your team focuses on what matters
• Extensibility to change logic or data when your business processes change
• Migration or system Integration capability to give you the best options
• 100,000+ - $12
• Tier 100,000 - $12
• Tier 75,000 - $13
• Tier 50,000 - $14
• Tier 25,000 - $16
• Tier 20,000 - $17
• Tier 15,000 - $19
• Tier 10,000 - $22
• Tier 5,000 - $28
• Tier 2,500 - $35
• Tier 1,000 - $44
• Tier 500 - $56
• Tier 250 - $70
• Tier < 250 - Find a Partner
Omnify Empower PLM
Omnify Software delivers web-based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions that enable the users’ organization to adopt an enterprise PLM solution at a fraction of the time and cost of traditional solutions. Omnify Empower PLM offers features such as item/part management, BOM management, document management, change/ECO management, quality/CAPA management, project management, training management, issue management, compliance management and system integration. The Empower PLM system can address the needs of manufacturers from start-ups to thousands of users with an easy to use and quick to implement system. The Omnify Empower PLM product delivers features that enable visibility into the complete product record…
• Complete BOM revision control and audit trail
• Direct integration with ERP system for automated BOM uploads/updates
• Graphical depictions/embedded images
• Electronic workflow approval process
• Document associations to any Omnify object (Items, BOMs, Changes/ECOs, Projects, Quality, Training)
Contact for Pricing
ENOVIA powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, enables users to plan the definition of success and enables stakeholders across the enterprise to contribute to sustainable innovation with a broad portfolio of technical and business applications. ENOVIA offers features such as bill of materials management, configuration and change management, design management, IP classification and protection, product planning and program management, quality and compliance, strategic customer relationships and strategic supplier relationships. ENOVIA offers Strategic Customer Relationship which helps product and requirement managers to capture and manage customer requirements throughout the product development process to delight customers and ensure market success. ENOVIA also offers…
• ENOVIA Bill of Materials Management empowers product engineers to create and maintain a complete, accurate, and up-to-date bill of materials (BOMs).
• ENOVIA Configuration Management helps manufacturers with highly configurable products manage global product designs and bill of materials containing all variants.
• ENOVIA Design Management manages and secures design data across geographically dispersed teams and throughout the extended value chain.
• ENOVIA IP Classification enables companies to accelerate product development and shorten time-to-market through reuse of design components
• ENOVIA Product Planning and Program Management associates the definition and development of the product portfolio with the tracking of the projects used to govern it.
Contact for Pricing
CMPRO is a product lifecycle management (PLM) software that manages engineering, configuration, inventory and product data. The platform allows users to support the product development process, integrating people, data, and processes and providing a product information backbone for organizations. The software provides businesses with tools to gather metrics, save time and avoid mistakes by entering data once and streamline engineering change and improving overall organizational efficiency by having the most up-to-date data available within a couple of clicks. Additionally, the platform allows companies to work with a centralized repository for tracking information about documents and their attached electronic files. Professional…
• Software Management
• Configuration Status Accounting
• Baselines Management
• Inventory and Management
• Alterations Management
• Work Orders &Work Instruction Plans
• As-Built Management
• Project Tracker Management
• System and Subsystem & Process Workflow Engine
Contact for Pricing
The SAP Product Lifecycle Management (SAP PLM) application provides the user with a 360-degree-support for all product-related processes from the first product idea, through manufacturing to product service. The SAP PLM application provides integrated product life-cycle management software with a single source of all product-related information needed for collaborating with business partners and supporting processes including product innovation, design and engineering, quality and maintenance management, and control of environmental issues. SAP PLM is part of the SAP Business Suite, which gives organizations the unique ability to perform their essential business processes with modular software that is designed to work with…
• Support strategic sourcing by interfacing with supplier relationship management software
• Provide role-specific, context-driven access for internal and external users to relevant information, tools, and services
• Improve decision-making through insight into projects; flexible reporting; and analytics for portfolio management, occupational health, product safety, and product quality
• Increase strategic and operative control by monitoring product and production changes affecting timelines, costs, and resources
• Provide an open-technology framework that delivers up-to-date data required by enterprise processes for demand planning, manufacturing, purchasing, and sales.
Contact for Pricing
YuniquePLM enables organizations to connect their creative teams with their supply chain to get the right products to market, on time and at the right cost. YuniquePLM offers features such as plan, design, development & pre-production, sourcing & production, tracking and reporting with solutions for fashion & apparel, transportation, aerospace, furniture, packaging, signage, sheet metal & gasket fabrication, technical textiles, prefab construction, heavy equipment & mining, wind and oil and gas. YuniquePLM is a single-source database that helps users control, manage and track changes, using time and action calendars, to maintain one version of the truth for everyone involved in…
• Track changes
• Manage workflows
• Use time and action calendars
• Generate alerts to manage exceptions
Contact for Pricing
Infor PLM Optiva is a product lifecycle management solution exclusively designed for process manufacturing companies. Optiva helps companies in optimizing their production efficiency while reducing the cost and keeping the quality standards intact. Optiva has all the tools and systems to ensure that every single product produced under process manufacturing complies 100% with the quality and regulatory rules. Infor PLM Optiva assists manufacturers in every step of product development. From the idea generation to modeling, selection of materials to the formulation of products, Optiva streamlines everything for the manufacturers along the way. Infor builds business software for specific industries in…
• Product lifecycle management
• Supply chain management
• Financials and performance management
• Human Capital management
• Enterprise Asset Management
• Enterprise resource planning
• Customer Experience suite
• Enterprise Resource Planning
• Data collection, analysis and visualization
Contact for Pricing
PTC PLM solutions support product from requirements to post-production service, enabling stakeholders to leverage engineering knowledge downstream. PTC PLM offers out-of-the-box integration, flexible workflow, and offers an easy way to deliver PLM information to the enterprise. It is easy to buy and can be deployed from any device. PLM helps companies manage complex, cross-functional processes, coordinating teams to efficiently develop the best possible products. PTC has a long history of providing PLM solutions to the world's leading companies across multiple industries. PLM solutions help businesses manage all aspects of the product development lifecycle, from concept through service and retirement. No…
• BOM management
• Change & Configuration Management
• Requirements Managements
• Product data management
• Collaboration, Quality and Platform Structures
• Product Development
• Software Development
• Manufacturing process
• Service Management
• Product Design
Contact for Pricing
Vault data management software helps designers and engineers organize design data, manage documentation, and track revisions and other development processes. Vault data management software offers features such as shared views, direct CAD integration, data reuse, concurrent design, easy administration and configuration, and Microsoft Office integration. It also offers multisite scalability, stronger data security, fast data searching, enterprise PDM for design & manufacturing, visual data management for inventor, automated engineering change orders, revision control, BOM management, factory design utilities integration, projects and reporting, custom objects, data standardization, vault for infrastructure, integration with civil 3D, single source for project data, versioning, collaborative…
• Share 2D or 3D views of your work with others
• Integration with Autodesk design and visualization software
• Configure the files you want to replace, reuse, or copy to use in new designs
• Make concurrent designs from one central location with multiple teams
• Control access with permissions for version control and retrieval
• Vault workgroup – 1 year- $335 ; 2 years- $670 ; 3 years- $1005
• Vault professional – 1 year- $635 ; 2 years- $1270 ; 3 years- $1905
• Vault office- contact
Propel helps users create world-changing products for the user’s customers with the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions and help the user’s engineers, marketing, partners, customers, and everyone else collaborate on all the product information needed to get the user’s products from concept to customer. Propel PLM offers features such as requirements management, BOM management, change and configuration management, project management and execution, product information management and enterprise quality management. Propel PLM lets users gather ideas from all customers, partners and employees or work one-one-one to capture specific customer requirements during sales pursuits. Propel PLM also lets users analyze all ideas…
• Analyze all your ideas across multiple parameters with Propel's requirements management software.
• Use Propel's bill of materials management software for every product detail, including hardware, documentation, design history, pricing, attachments and more.
• Track detailed approval history for change orders, including reviewers, comments, and time-date stamps. Comply with standards like 21 CFR Part 11.
• Propel's project management software helps you see how changes to commitments and products impact your milestones.
• Certify your sales teams, distributors and partners on the latest product information, promotions and training.
• Professional PLM - $120*
• Enterprise - $180*
• Performance - $250*
• Unlimited - Call*
Agile Enterprise PLM takes the principles of engineering PLM and expands them to support all product-related business processes across the entire extended enterprise and also provides a single platform to view, access and share information, collaborate on product-related projects, monitor and manage activity throughout the product lifecycle, and produce accurate data for everything from regulatory approval filings to management reporting. Agile Enterprise PLM offers features such as enterprise product record, enterprise product data hub, data quality management, product collaboration, customer needs management, engineering collaboration, enterprise visualization, pedigree and serialization management, variant management, product governance & compliance, product quality management, product…
• Provides secure, timely, and accurate visibility and control of product information
• Enables companies to centralize all product data and create a single view of product information across all functional departments
• Provides a best-practice approach to managing portfolios of related products and product variants across the lifecycle
• Organizes and manages product design assets to support globally distributed engineering teams
• Integrates PLM with all leading MCAD and ECAD packages and ensures engineering processes
Contact for Pricing
Autodesk Fusion Lifecycle PLM
Autodesk Fusion Lifecycle PLM helps users accelerate product development processes across all departments and locations by automating workflows, key tasks and delivering timely information. In addition Fusion Lifecycle is on the cloud so everyone has access to the data they need anytime, anywhere. Autodesk Fusion Lifecycle PLM offers features such as new product introduction (NPI), Bill of materials, change management, quality management and supplier collaboration. Autodesk Fusion Lifecycle PLM can help define and automate processes to keep the work flowing and your product development on track. Autodesk Fusion Lifecycle PLM delivers a modern change management tool that tracks and records…
• Configurable New Product Introduction (NPI) project templates standardize phase-gate milestones, deliverables and tasks by product line, business unit, product team, or other designation.
• Configure and manage structured Bills of Materials (BOMs) and items in a centralized system that is both powerful and easy-to-use.
• Easily configured workflows provide a clear view of the details you need to approve Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
• Configurable workflows coordinate, control, and track the complete chain of cross-functional quality processes, tied together in a single system.
• Establish flexible and configurable 24/7 collaboration with your global supply chain
• Pro - $75 per user / monthly
• Enterprise - $150 per user / monthly
Kalypso works with organizations to deliver real business value and sustainable results from product lifecycle management (PLM). Kalypso PLM facilitates innovation, the development and launch of new products, and product reporting and compliance by managing product information as a single source of truth across the supply chain and throughout the product lifecycle. Kalypso offerings in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) includes Accel (Accelerated, Leading-Practice PLM Delivery Models), Rapid Results (Business-driven PLM Implementation Methodology), PLM Pulse (Outsourced & Managed Services), Dassault Systems PLM Solutions, Oracle PLM Solutions, PTC PLM Solutions and Siemens PLM Solutions. Accel combines Kalypso's extensive industry and implementation experience…
• Accel combines Kalypso's extensive industry and implementation experience in an accelerated delivery model designed to rapidly deploy foundational PLM capabilities through agile methods.
• PLM Pulse, Kalypso's managed services for PLM, can help rebalance your ratio.
• Kalypso provides end-to-end Dassault Systemes ENOVIA management consulting and implementation services, working with DS to offer innovative PLM solutions to global enterprises in retail, footwear, apparel, high technology, life sciences and other manufacturing industries.
• As strategic partners, Kalypso and Oracle work together to help companies deliver better results from innovation in a digital world.
• Kalypso, in collaboration with Siemens PLM Software, provides advanced PLM solutions to global enterprises in high technology, consumer goods and retail, and other manufacturing sectors.
Contact for Pricing
ProductCenter Product Lifecycle Management connects people to work collaboratively and centralizes and improves the management of all the users’ product data. ProductCenter PLM streamlines the process steps users employ to create, manufacture, and support users’ products from the earliest glimmer of a concept through to retirement. ProductCenter Product Lifecycle Management offers features such as centralization and interconnection of all product information; automation and acceleration of product lifecycle processes; facilitation of collaborative efforts; regulatory compliance with ISO, FDA; and connection and integration with enterprise systems. ProductCenter PLM is proven among many worldwide users and installs readily for immediate gains in product…
• Centralize and interconnect all product information, including parts information, bills of information, requirements, specifications, and even schematics, software, and maintenance manuals; optimize information reuse
• Automate and accelerate product lifecycle processes to ready products for market such as review cycles, configuration management, and change orders — any business process really that requires workflow
• Facilitate collaborative efforts and exploit extended product team creativity with better communication, coordination, and improved information access
• Ensure regulatory compliance with ISO, FDA, and others
• Connect enterprise systems that drive your business; eliminates costly (and error-prone) re-entering, updating, and maintenance of redundant pockets of product information
Contact for Pricing
FusePLM is an affordable, easy-to-use and easy-to-configure cloud solution that helps design and helps the manufacturing companies to manage Parts, Bill of Materials, Documents, Issues and Change Process for their products. FusePLM helps engineering companies release products to market faster, by streamlining their parts, Bill-of-Materials, documents and change management process. FusePLMs intuitive interface, easy-to-configure Kanban workflows and AI-enabled chatbot, PLMBot, are designed to reduce the learning curve and slash setup/training costs. It is on a mission to make PLMs simple and affordable. FusePLM is built on REST (Representational State Transfer) APIs. This allows the user to perform “RESTful” operations like…
• Impact Visualizer
• Cards- based workflow management
• Document sharing and management
• Multiple viewing
• Task Management
• Virtual Assistant PLMBOT
• Free - 30-day trial