Top 6 Precision Agriculture Software
Farming plays a crucial role in the economy. Farmers are looking for ways to maximize crop production and crop yields. Farmers must keep track, measure and respond to certain variables to help them achieve greater success in farming. They need to be aware of the ideal planting, maintenance and harvesting seasons based on the past yield data and environmental factors like the weather conditions to obtain optimal results. Farmers need to be aware of the state of the soil, insects found in the particular soil as well as soil moisture among other important farming aspects. To maximize the farm yields and revenues, farmers need to use data-driven insights. Accurate data insights help farmers and growers to optimize farming yields for each crop. They monitor the seedling plans and space utilization throughout each growth cycle. Precision agriculture is the modern day farming practice that makes crop production more efficient.
Top Precision Agriculture Software: Farm Works, SMS, MapShots, AgDNA, Sentera, AgroSense are some of the Top Precision Agriculture Software.
What are Precision Agriculture Software?
Precision Agriculture Software is a cloud-based tool that enables farmers to track, manage and maximize crop yields and revenues while preserving resources. The farmers’ use these predictive analytics tools to forecast the expected yield size, crop wastes and revenues. It helps the user to get data on the conditions of the crop, crop rotation guidance, and soil management.
- Real-time Insights: Precision Agriculture Software tools offer real-time reports of labor, inputs and other factors that impact crop production. The sensing devices allow continuous monitoring of the chosen parameters and provide real-time data to ensure an up to date status of the field and plant parameters all the time.
- Yield monitoring: Yield monitoring feature helps the user measure fruit yield for a specific location, map and compare the different seed varieties performance throughout the field. It is integrated with GPS-obtained information to help monitor crop yields.
- Built-in Accounting: With Built-in accounting feature, Precision Agriculture Software enables the user to keep records and track the crop yields and profitability.
- Field Management: Precision Agriculture Software lets the user monitor the crop rotations, manure, tillage, irrigation, and soil test results.
- Inventory Management: Farmers can track and manage the flow of farm goods from the manufacturers to warehouses. The user can also track the storage of the farm produce.
- Labor Management: Precision Agriculture Software allows the user to monitor the personnel productivity.
- Traceability: Precision Agriculture Software allows greater traceability in food production since it enables the user to get accurate information on the farming practices and inputs which lets the consumers know what goes into food production.
- Weather Records: Precision Agriculture Software allows the user to synchronize their calendar with the current weather condition and thus the user can schedule the field operations.
- Collaboration: Precision Agriculture Software collaboration features let the user share information to collaborate with the users’ trusted circle.
Precision Agriculture Software is an essential tool that enables farmers to monitor crop production to optimize yields and investments.
Top Precision Agriculture Software
Farm Works software is designed for the modern livestock business that needs detailed livestock management records. It is flexible to handle multiple animal identifications while tracking treatments, weanings, pedigrees, breeding, and animal movement. Historical information for each animal is easy to find and the calendar provides the ideal solution to manage upcoming events. Notes can be added to keep you organized while reports can be customized for viewing animal & herd performance, by-products, sales, and more. Track an unlimited number of animal types such as cattle, hogs, dairy, sheep, goats, elk, horses, and more. FarmWorks supports industry standard ASCII File…
• Field Record Keeping: Manage all field records easily from any mobile device / desktop computer
• Design basic and advanced prescription maps
• Display aerial background images
• Reports: Print valuable information such as weaning weights, mother performance, feed conversions, and vaccinations
• Pedigrees: Associate an unlimited number of digital images with each animal
• Calendar area schedules vaccinations, testing, and breeding events
Precision farming isn't about spending endless hours crunching numbers and analyzing data. It's about answering questions that can make farms more profitable. That's the simple idea behind Ag Leader's industry-leading SMS Software, an easy-to-use decision-making tool to help users capture the most out of every acre. SMS™ Basic is powerful desktop software that helps you to take data from the field and turn into smart management decisions, using information gathered from planting through harvest. Create reports and maps to satisfy government reporting needs. This can include crop insurance reporting with AIPs or regulatory compliance for application documentation. Export Acreage/Production data…
• Navigation View allows the operator to quickly and easily navigate to locations in the field
• The Virtual Implement Switch feature allows users to collect a more accurate area for operations
• Coverage mode: Continuously log and record data for swath-based coverage operations
• Boundary mode: View, record and revise field outline and sub-boundaries within the field to accurately document field areas
• View up to 4 backgroud map layers simultaneously
• Use the Sampling Wizard to generate new sample sites
MapShots is at the epicenter of precision agriculture. MapShots recognizes that agriculture today is an extremely data-rich environment. It takes the most up to date and feature-rich software available to work with this data and present it in a format that is easy to understand and use. Use AgStudio to automate and track data to create better plans and manage fields, crops, fertilization, planting, scouting, and harvest. MapShots also provides mobile and web applications to further assist farmers while they are out in the field. Mapshots’ suite of products helps to provide solutions for the agricultural industry and make day…
• Wireless Data Transfer
• Powerful Excel™ spreadsheet calculators are best for multiple variables and conditionals, and offer the most flexibility for more complex calculations
• The Nutrient Script Editor guides users through the process of creating nutrient recommendations
• Automated input selections; including crops, calculators, zones and even irrigation zones
• Record scouting observations
• Real Time GPS Functionality: Automatic map updates display boundary line changes as they happen
AgDNA is a cloud-based application and web platform that was designed specifically with the future of farming in mind. AgDNA Precision is a modular solution allowing farmers to select the tools important for their operation. AgDNA harnesses the power of cloud computing and wireless data transfer to deliver automated agronomic insights directly from the farm equipment. Seeding, application and yield data is spatially analyzed against soil, elevation, and imagery to deliver unparalleled insights on every acre. The AgDNA platform uses IoT (Internet-of-Things) technology to seamlessly integrate data from in-field machinery. Inventory management, fuel costs, machine setup, equipment utilization are automatically…
• Powerful Reporting: Generate comprehensive FSA and EPA reports at the press of a button
• Inventory Management: Automatically track input usage in real-time and eliminate manual data entry
• Rx Prescriptions: Easily create variable rate prescriptions and send wirelessly to your equipment
• Financial reporting: Fuel consumption, operating costs, and other overheads are automatically calculated and assigned to each field
• Agronomic Layers: See high-resolution precision maps and field variability for all farming activities
• Record Keeping: Capture all farm activities on the go
Sentera is a leading designer and supplier of integrated remote sensing and IoT solutions to the agriculture industry. Sentera’s integrated FieldAgent™ Platform, analytics, and sensor products deliver fast, accurate information that improves outcomes for growers. Sentera's systems efficiently deliver critical, real-time crop health measurements directly into the tools that advisors and growers already use. From basic imagery, accurate NDVI, and Red Edge products, to the most sophisticated multispectral, thermal, and machine learning technologies, Sentera gives users cost-effective, high-performance tools to continuously improve operations, on and off the field. Sentera’s integrated solution of FieldAgent Software, sensors, and analytics enhance agricultural technologies…
• RGB, NIR + NDVI imagery is stored and linked to each field for easy side-by-side comparison and assessment
• Weed maps use computer vision to study every photo of the field and accurately identify the location, and density of weeds
• Color-coded plant population maps: Reported in plants-per-acre (PPA), this analysis gives an accurate measurement of plants in a field
• Spot scouting maps deliver analytics measurements based on regular grid sampling of a field
• Elevation models help users streamline activities such as land leveling, prescription generation, sub-surface tile design, and surface water management, including ditching activities
• Dynamic crop analysis tools help users identify stressed areas by comparing plant health over time and determining optimal input placement
The AgroSense system is comprised of a wireless network of small meteorological stations and other measuring equipment. It is an easy-to-install, accurate and reliable solution to collect high-resolution data such as soil moisture, leaf wetness, etc. and to identify needs for irrigation, application of pesticides and other treatments. Measured values are transferred wirelessly by the system and the data are stored centrally. The system also enables the user to visualize the stored data. If the pre-set limits are exceeded, the system automatically alarms the user by sending a text message or an e-mail. The AgroSense system is capable of measuring…
• Comparison Analysis tool
• Finance management: Bring all expense/income entries together for a detailed financial tracking report
• Soil survey maps
• Harvest Locator is simply a tool for sharing product information with consumers
• Nutrient management: Exact dosage leads to lower environmental impact, reduces costs, and helps to outcome a more certain harvest
• Targeted intervention planning (pesticides, fertilizers,etc.)