Top 5 Crop Management Software
The farming industry is one of the most lucrative industries in the world. However, running a farm is not an easy task. Individuals or businesses that are involved in crop farming need to keep accurate records of their crops and farm practices. In addition, farmers want to know how much they are spending on labor and other vital resources. It is also important to know whether or not the invested resources are producing the desired results. Moreover, farmers should be able to manage their teams, make future plans, and provide the relevant documentation with regard to food safety and other crop-related practices on the farm.
The most effective solution is to utilize a system that makes it possible to keep accurate crop records, manage farm operations on a daily basis, and make crucial decisions. That is why farmers need crop management software.
Top Crop Management Software: Croptracker, AgOS Crop Planning, Agrinavia, Agvance Grain, Dairyone Crop Management are some of the Top Crop Management Software.
What are Crop Management Software?
Crop Management Software refers to an application that allows farmers to organize all of their crop information in a centralized location. It is designed to help farmers coordinate every aspect of farm management to improve productivity and farm operations. With this software, farmers can keep tabs on the condition of their crops, farm activities, workers, and farm equipment. Crop management software also helps farmers organize information about harvesting, shipping, planting seasons, packaging, and spray records.
When using crop management software, farmers are able to make the appropriate decisions based on real-time data. Farm workers can use the software to see the costs of production and important field activities. Crop management software also helps farmers track rainfall, monitor crop health, manage field activities, and allocate resources. Moreover, farmers can record tasks, detect and manage pests, keep financial records, and generate reports if necessary. Overall, crop management software helps farmers streamline and monitor all crop-related activities.
- Crop Tracking and Management – The main purpose of using crop management software is to plan, manage, and analyze all activities on the farm. This includes planning and tracking activities such as tilling, planting, pest detection and control, irrigation, fertilization, harvesting, and shipping. Farmers can also track and record farm inputs and keep data on food safety. Some applications allow farmers to track and manage their farms online.
- Weather Monitoring – Farmers need to have accurate information about the weather. Crop management software comes with a feature that allows farmers to obtain useful information about the weather so they can know when to perform certain tasks.
- Farm Economics – One of the key benefits of crop management software is the ability to keep accurate financial records in one central location. The software allows users to track costs, sales, expenses, and investments. Additionally, it helps farmers allocate financial resources to each crop production.
- Analytics and Reports – The analytics feature provides useful information about crops such as growth rate, costs per lb/kg, and return on investment for every crop. Built-in reports help farmers access data in various formats such as PDF, MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Labor and Resource Tracking – Farmers use this feature to record work hours, monitor work activities, keep employee records, manage pay schedules, and allocate machinery and other resources to farm workers.
Some of the benefits include:
- Accurate data
- Optimized yields
- Improved profitability
Top Crop Management Software
Croptracker, developed by Dragonfly IT, is a record-keeping and operations management service which provides customers with advanced solutions to drive an increase in food safety traceability while decreasing overall operational costs. Croptracker’s mission is to make crop production safer, more efficient, and more profitable for growers. Croptracker was designed with audits in mind. Croptracker's easily-accessible records and reports will cut complicated and time-consuming audits down to a few hours instead of a few days, so the user can get back to focusing on the farm. Capable of generating more than 50 reports, Croptracker makes tracking farm's progress a snap and…
AgOS Crop Planning
AgOS Crop Planning is a complete agronomy crop planning tool with a strong agronomy sales emphasis. Its planning tool builds fertilizer recommendations from the grower’s soil test data. In addition to fertilizer, users can quickly plan crop protection, seed, custom application, and other service operations on a field-by-field basis. Agronomists can track insect refuge for GMO seeds, record nutrient credits, plan multiple applications, record completed applications, build field histories and more. AgOS® Crop Planning is designed to provide sales activity information for agronomy sales management and provides reports by the salesman, by location, and across the company. Building the right…
Agrinavia is the leading Scandinavian provider of online tools for optimizing all crop operations. Agrinavia offers the most effective solution available – both regarding work in the office and out in the field. With Agrinavia, it is very easy to record all the work farmers do in the field. Use the phone’s GPS and camera to make records of crops and drainage. Agrinavia MOBILE is a web application that works across multiple platforms – this means on all smartphones, tablets, and PCs. Users can retrieve field and farm information from Agrinavia FIELD or Agrinavia MAP via the Internet, on the…
Agvance delivers the most advanced grain management system, utilizing the latest technology to keep track of the business in real-time. Agvance Grain is an all-encompassing, completely open, agribusiness platform that enables today’s ag professional to connect with customers, employees, trading partners and the next generation of devices and apps. Designed for the diversified needs of an agricultural cooperative, Agvance provides seamless integration throughout all facets of the agronomy, grain and energy operations within a single financial package. Sync inventory and reduce guesswork with field plans to ensure product availability and control while using the forecasting and pre-pay functions to secure…
Dairyone Crop Management
Dairy One is Internet-based software that can help users organize all crop information in an easily accessible, centralized location. Internet or web-based means one can run the software from any location where there is a high-speed Internet connection, and it means users are always running the most current version. Soil, manure, and plant tissue analyses are available to assist producers and their advisors to make sound economic and environmental decisions. Increasing governmental regulations have made it imperative that producers make informed decisions regarding their growing and fertilization practices. Plant tissue analysis can be a valuable crop management tool. Alone, it…