Market Outlook- Increase in Business Intelligence budget, and expansion of user base
Market Outlook- Increase in Business Intelligence budget, and expansion of user base: According to PredictiveAnalyticsToday survey, Business Intelligence initiatives are delivering value in critical business strategies and supporting key business processes in all industry verticals. As a result organizations are increasing their budget for Business Intelligence initiatives. The survey reports increase in Business Intelligence budget, and expansion of Business Intelligence user base.
Predictive Analytics Today : Business Intelligence Survey 2015
PredictiveAnalyticsToday Business Intelligence Market Outlook is the result of market research survey, conducted by Predictive Analytics Today. The objective of the research is to generate quality information about business intelligence tools usage from business users. This market outlook report highlight business intelligence tools usage and potential trends, in different category segments. This helps to generate market awareness, aid the business decision makers and also provide business intelligence vendors, the necessary information about the market and to benchmark themselves against the market average.
There were 209 total participants for the Business Intelligence 2015 Survey. 60% of the participants were from North America. 22% of the participants were from Europe. 13% were from Asia. Africa makes up 2% of the participants and 1% participants were from Australia and South America.
Key Findings :
- For 57% of the participants, it is easy and moderate to obtain funding for business intelligence projects and enhancements.
- 21% have Four to Five percentage of the annual IT budget allocated to Business Intelligence initiatives. While 19.8% have One percentage and 14.8% of the participants have More than Eleven percentage allocated to Business Intelligence initiatives.
- 22.9% of the survey participants reported an Increase by less than Ten percentage of Business Intelligence funding compared to last year. While 26.5% have Increase by less than Five percentage, 16.9% have Increase by less than Two percentage of their Business Intelligence funding compared to last year.
- 27% of the Business Intelligence users in the organization are Executives, 32% Managers, 24% Business Users, 13% Customers and 4% Suppliers.
- 5% of the participants use Ten or more business intelligence tools in their organization. 8% use Five tools, 13% use Four, 12% use Three and 27% use Two tools.
- The licensing model used is Up front for 32.1%, On premise yearly maintenance for 49.4%, Cloud yearly maintenance for 8.6% and Bundle for 9.9%.
- Usage type includes Dashboard for 21%, Enterprise Reporting for 14%, Cloud BI- On Demand BI for 6%, Self service BI for 8%, Advanced Analytics for 15%, Visualization and Data Discovery for 13%, Mobile BI for 6% and Operational Analytics for 16%.