Sign in to see all reviews and comparisons. It's Free!
Oracle Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) InfiniBand Fabric, defined networking-enabled, 100 GB/s converged fabric enables enterprise customers to securely accelerate application performance in order to quickly respond to changing business demands. These capabilities also provide the basis for future generations of highly converged Engineered Systems. “Enterprise customers deploying business-critical applications in the cloud require software-defined, high-performance network infrastructure that can respond to changing business demands in real time,” said Brad Casemore, director of research for datacenter networking at IDC. “With optimizations for Oracle’s application software integrated into its InfiniBand network-fabric silicon and switches, Oracle is delivering a comprehensive stack of integrated software and infrastructure—including the underlying network fabric—so that enterprise customers can readily embrace cloud computing.”
Oracle’s EDR InfiniBand Fabric enables organizations to successfully deploy business-critical applications in the cloud by improving network performance, efficiency and security. Built on open standards, the new solution will help customers accelerate application performance on key Oracle, third party, and user-developed enterprise workloads, including transaction processing, and makes it possible for enterprises to dramatically improve response times in network-facing applications.
“In cloud environments, new tenants, applications, and changing workload demands are the norm. Traditional, rigid approaches to network infrastructure that rely heavily on manual processes can be time consuming, costly and error-prone,” said Raju Penumatcha, senior vice president, Netra Systems and Networking, Oracle. “Oracle EDR InfiniBand Fabric provides a scalable and non-blocking, secure, open, and unified solution that virtualizes all network infrastructure for on-demand provisioning and orchestration without compromising performance.”
With Oracle’s EDR InfiniBand Fabric, organizations are able to benefit from:
• Unparalleled Performance: At 100 Gb/s, Oracle EDR InfiniBand Fabric delivers 10x the performance of Ethernet and 3x the performance of previous generation InfiniBand that enables 4:1 network consolidation with the ability to seamlessly integrate with existing datacenter storage and networking. Using a non-blocking, fat-tree topology customers can gain an unprecedented level of flexibility for service deployment and responsiveness to load variation.
• Improved Efficiency: Oracle’s EDR InfiniBand Fabric provides a single fabric for all server and storage communication, supporting native InfiniBand, virtualized Ethernet, and Fibre Channel. This converged open interconnect can be transparently deployed without changes to applications or storage. Built-in SDN enables the instant creation of private virtual network overlays for secure multi-tenant service isolation.
• Application Acceleration: Oracle’s EDR InfiniBand Fabric utilizes on-chip cores that can process high concurrent stream counts and offload low latency messaging for accelerating applications. Host CPU cycles are freed up, dramatically reducing response times and increasing throughput.
• Enhanced Security: Oracle EDR InfiniBand Fabric secures the fabric’s management plane to ensure cloud tenants sharing the same physical infrastructure are isolated from the network traffic and administrative actions of other tenants with secure end-point authentication. It also authenticates key management actions, including provisioning new networks and making configuration changes. Users can also utilize built-in virtual network security services such as firewall, load balancer, IP routing, VPN, and Network Address Translation to protect tenant domains.
• Open Standards: Oracle’s commitment to open standards, interfaces, and technologies are further reinforced by today’s announcement. Oracle was a founding member of the InfiniBand Trade Association and has invested in InfiniBand technology since 1999. Oracle is a current Steering Committee Member of the IBTA and a member of the Board of Directors of the Open Fabrics Alliance.
PAT RESEARCH is a B2B discovery platform which provides Best Practices, Buying Guides, Reviews, Ratings, Comparison, Research, Commentary, and Analysis for Enterprise Software and Services. We provide Best Practices, PAT Index™ enabled product reviews and user review comparisons to help IT decision makers such as CEO’s, CIO’s, Directors, and Executives to identify technologies, software, service and strategies.