IBM Cloudant is a NoSQL JSON document store that’s optimized for handling heavy workloads of concurrent reads and writes in the cloud; a workload that is typical of large, fast-growing web and mobile apps.
• Horizontal scaling architecture can handle millions of users and terabytes
• Mobile sync libraries enable devices to store and access data locally
• Advanced APIs: Integrated geospatial operations and search
• Access and identity management
• Data replication and export
• Redundant and durable data storage
• Standard - $1 / GB - month
Small (<50 employees), Medium (50 to 1000 Enterprise (>1001 employees)
• Flexibility: Access an abundance of language libraries and tools
• Secure: ISO27001, SOC 2 Type 2 compliant and HIPAA ready
• Global: Available in all IBM Cloud regions and 55+ data centers across the world
• Fully managed: Instantly deploy an instance, create databases, and independently scale throughput capacity and data storage
IBM Cloudant is a NoSQL JSON document store that’s optimized for handling heavy workloads of concurrent reads and writes in the cloud; a workload that is typical of large, fast-growing web and mobile apps. Cloudant can be used as a fully-managed DBaaS running on IBM Cloud. Cloudant provides a seamless and cost-effective user experience online and offline, with IBM customers saving up to 95 percent in infrastructure and hosting costs. Available in all IBM Cloud regions and 55+ data centers across the world, Cloudant can easily be set up for disaster recovery between continents or scaling an app for a global release through a horizontal scaling architecture that can handle millions of users and terabytes of data to grow seamlessly alongside your business. All Cloudant instances are deployed on clusters that span availability zones in regions that support them, for added durability at no extra cost. All data is encrypted over the wire and at rest with optional user-defined key management through IBM Key Protect. Cloudant also offers an EU-managed service, that ensures all data and operations are handled solely by EU citizens. Move application data closer to all the places it needs to be — for uninterrupted data access, offline or on. Users can choose whether their database instance will run on bare-metal or a virtual machine. Cloudant helps teams build Progressive Web Apps, develop with an offline-first architecture or manipulate data on edge devices. Cloudant hosts databases with a lot of different cloud hosting providers including Amazon, Rackspace, SoftLayer and Microsoft Azure.