What is Dashboard Software?
Businesses are increasingly using dashboard software whenever they need to make all their data-driven decisions.
Dashboard software provide tools for management teams to visually present complex sets of data they have been collecting from multiple sources in one place. It organizes, groups, and presents important organizational metrics with just a few clicks.
While dashboard software is commonly associated with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), it is an incredibly useful tool when it comes to analyzing business intelligence.
Dashboard software are now highly customizable and can just about measure and present any organizational metric. They transform raw data from different sources into interactive, engaging, and informative dashboards.
What are the Advantages of Dashboard Software?
- Dashboard software provides visual and engaging dashboards that can enable management teams gain crucial insights into the business
- Most dashboard software comes with easy navigation tools and ease of use even for the non-tech team members
- With dashboard software, businesses can interact with the most current data and identify important trends as compared to flat graph and charts that normally cover specific periods.
What are the Benefits of Dashboard Software?
- Dashboard software allows for real-time monitoring of important organizational metrics and displays them for quick and better decision making
- Integration with other relational databases and cloud-based database applications increases speed, accuracy and efficiency or reports
- Dashboard software ensures instant remote access to visual data can help team members in the field or out of office to respond to customer queries
What are the Features of Dashboard Software?
- Dashboard users can import data from a variety of data sources and display it in many different styles, graphs, charts, and colors
- Customizable to focus on specific areas of the business or key organizational metrics, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Easy to use drag and drop features for users to customize their reports
- One click visual analytics to provide insights on business intelligence
- Multiple out of the box data connectors to plug into different data sources simultaneously
What are the Disadvantages of Dashboard Software?
- While customized dashboards means the organization can have exactly what it needs, mistakes or errors can be costly. This is because the program code would have to be amended, which may mean extra time and costs
- Organizations would have to carefully analyze their needs and select the dashboard software. Others might require more advanced skill levels to operate
What are the Trends in Dashboard Software?
- Many dashboard software providers now include more sophisticated formulas for organizations that may want to go into deeper analyses with their data
- Website dashboards now help organizations to monitor metrics that have to do with the performance of their websites. Organizations can visualize and measure the performance of their online marketing strategies
- The best dashboard software applications provide mobile options that allow users to view data on their smartphones or tablets
What are the Best Practices in Dashboard Software?
- Dashboards should answer users’ questions in a visual and clear manner so the user can make sense of the data
- Dashboard software should address some of the common data issues such as misrepresentation of reality through the use of charts and graphs
- There is no one size fits all. Users will usually have different uses for the data and therefore, dashboards should be designed for specific audiences