Top 7 Utilities Customer Information Systems
The current deregulation, renewable energy, smart meter, analytic, growing competition and expanding sophisticated technology, it has become essential to have a centralized view on the entire customer lifecycle for Utility companies. Customer informational system (CIS) solutions have become essentials to industries offering meter-to-cash flow process. With the increase in metering and other needs such as smart grids systems, smart meter processes customer information system has become significant in the creation of new products and optimizing utility supply. Utilities Customer Information Systems has reduced the cost to serve and furthermore, it has led to the increased in development of more customer-friendly payment systems. Utilities Customer Information Systems can provide improved customer service, are efficient and are scalable which makes them accommodate the evolving needs.
Top Utilities Customer Information Systems: Oracle Utilities, Fluentgrid, Cayenta CIS, Gentrack, Advanced Utility Systems, Itineris, SAP Utilities are some of the Top Utilities Customer Information Systems.
What are Utilities Customer Information Systems?
Utilities Customer Information Systems are software packages that address meter-to-cash flow process and customer services. The meter-to-cash flow includes processes such as order processing, account maintenance, billing, accounts receivable, credit collection, statement preparation, product/ services management, and payment processing. For customer services, utilities provide interactive services such as call centers, voice response units, and interactive voice response. Utilities Customer Information Systems also provides digital engagement channel which includes social media and more customer engagement box such as chatbots. The customer service management systems allow clients to engage with their customers and have an integrated customer relationship management system that meets the daily business requirements. Like any other technology, Utility Customer information System helps to reduce cost, streamline utilities operations and provide quality services to the consumer. Likewise, CIS is helping the utility company to improve system information, gather and manage consumers’ details and provide flexible billing system.
- Billing and Rating Engine: The current utilities have consolidated numerous accounts and have combined the services and products offered in an account into a single bill. Furthermore, the bill formatting is flexible that allows a utility to make quick changes to the bill format in case of a new product. Likewise, the functionality provides advance billing which makes it easy during the collection processes and enables the addition of customer preference.
- 360 ⁰ view of the customer: Provides 360 view of the custome to support, track and avail consumer data providing a single entity of consumer data It allows utilities to access raw data that can be used in the design, management, and execution of marketing programs. Besides, it allows services to track the results of marketing strategies that have been adopted.
- Customer Relationship Management : Its functionality includes streamlined operation systems that make it easy for utilities to assign, schedule and track all the consumer based activities. This includes smart meter management and collections services or any systems-generate service.
- Integration: Library of prebuilt, standard interfaces for integration support
Top Utilities Customer Information Systems
Oracle brings together a worldwide team of utility experts, software applications that address mission-critical needs, a rock-solid suite of corporate operational software, high-performance servers and storage, and world-leading middleware and technology. The result: flexible, innovative solutions that increase efficiency, improve stakeholder satisfaction, future-proof your organization—and help your organization transform into a next-generation utility. Oracle provides utilities with the world’s most complete set of software choices. Address emerging customer needs, speed delivery of utility-specific services, increase corporate administration efficiency, and turn business data into business intelligence. Underpinning all these applications is Oracle’s world-renowned middleware and technology. By basing all applications on…
• Displays customer and revenue details as charts, trend lines, maps, and other graphics
• Drill-downs by period (year, quarter, and month) into current and past performance
• Cases dashboard that measures staff effectiveness
• Customer Program Management: Create and manage new value-added programs and services
• Credit & Collections Analytics including arrears insight, collectibles, and write-offs
• Exception Analytics including incomplete and complete tasks and completion tren
Fluentgrid serves Water and Electric Municipal Utilities, Electric Cooperatives, Gas Utilities, Competitive Energy Retailers and Investor Owned Utilities worldwide. Fluentgrid is built from scratch for utilities making them easier to quickly configure and integrate without extensive customization. The product suite has been constantly evolving with field lessons learned over a period of two decades, by offering pragmatic solutions to most demanding utilities across diverse regions. The Utility Command Center (UCC) is Fluentgrid’s recent invention to offer situational intelligence to utilities for informed decision making with centralized command. Fluentgrid UCC is an advanced integration, visualization, incident management and SOP management platform…
• Ad-hoc reporting, advanced analytics, complex event processing, KPI monitoring, dashboards with interactive data visualization and maps integration
• Mobile Workforce Management integrates with all the utility applications to manage field works
• Enterprise Asset Management addresses the pressing needs of most utilities for an integrated suite of enterprise applications
• Customer Relationship Management offers integrated customer communication toolset for continuous engagement with utility consumers
• Customer Information System ensures total control of utility commercial operations with seamless integration of service connection life cycle
• Proactive consumer engagement through contact center, social media, push notifications and bulk messaging
Cayenta is a leading provider of CIS and enterprise resource management solutions to utilities, city governments, and educational institutions. Cayenta CIS is a fully featured, highly configurable application that will enhance business processes and the customer experience. Utility Management System is designed to improve cash flow, reduce paperwork, streamline the manual efforts of end-users, and enhance customer service. The organization will see results with streamlined manual processes for end users, reduced paperwork, and improved cash flow. Cayenta enables your organization to stay competitive in a rapidly changing technological environment. Cayenta CIS solution features a sophisticated and comprehensive billing module that…
• Recurring journal entry templates
• Abbreviated account number structures for quick and precise data entry
• Mobile Workforce Management: Download orders to a laptop or other mobile device wirelessly
• CRM and Workflow Management
• Powerful and Flexible Billing provides support for base rate charges, consumption readings, and demand reading
• Position-oriented payroll processing and human resource management
Gentrack provides a flexible and scalable billing and customer information system for utility providers. And because Gentrack is easy to implement, users can achieve market compliance faster, onboard customers seamlessly and scale the business quickly. Gentrack’s unique combination of software and expertise can help ensure data accuracy throughout the utility business, from portfolio reconciliation, balancing and settlement through to meter point data accuracy, directly improving your bottom line. Supporting multi-utility billing within a single platform, Gentrack gives users the ability to grow and innovate with confidence. At Gentrack’s core is a complete multi-currency, multi-lingual end-to-end billing and customer information system,…
• Accounts Receivable: Automate receiving and tracking of payments and chasing arrears
• Meter Data Management integrates data directly from any metering system, in any format
• Revenue Management: Treat customers fairly with automated, and tailored collections
• Customer Care and CRM: Instant access to all customer data with one source of truth
• Utility billing: Flexible tariffs including TOU and complex billing
• Embedded workflow tools that can be tailored to specific business processes
Advanced Utility Systems
Advanced Utility Systems Corporation produces a flagship customer information and utility billing solution called “CIS Infinity”. CIS Infinity® combines comprehensive functionality, a reliable technology base, and an industry-leading integration strategy to help utilities improve their revenue stream and provide first-rate customer service. CIS Infinity’s user interface is designed to provide access from the account inquiry screen to all customer information with the click of a mouse. CIS Infinity retains all customer history including calling history, correspondence notes, comments, service orders, usage, credit and payment for an unlimited period of time. It can manage single accounts, master accounts, and temporary accounts.…
• Automated, configurable, rule-based collections processes - Improve revenue management
• Flexible reporting: Advanced Searches, Standard Reports, Modified Standard Reports, Utility Specific Reports, and Shared Reports
• Embedded report builder
• Credit point system tracks each individual’s credit rating
• Complete Billing Management: Update accounts in real-time based on collections activity
• Find customers and accounts quickly using sophisticated filters and search criteria
Itineris is built on a modern technology platform with “connectivity” at its core, enabling utilities to adapt to changing communications trends and deliver enhanced service to customers on their terms and schedules. Itineris offers a suite of native, built-in customer engagement tools, as well as the ability to integrate easily with customer-facing solutions utilities already have in place. Itineris UMAX Front Office empowers customer service agents to resolve customer needs quickly and with quality, by placing the right information easily within reach in a streamlined, single-screen portal built for utility call centers. Developed on and fully integrated with Microsoft Dynamics…
• Connected application ecosystem delivers insights into customer service and operations
• Embedded business intelligence, analytics & reporting
• Pre-formatted sets of assets and tools, including standardized business domain models, functional and technical designs
• Task guides via built-in Microsoft Life Cycle Services tools
• Workflow wizards for easy, error-free data handling
• Streamlined single-screen data access
SAP for Utilities offers an innovative solution portfolio enabling digital transformation in the energy, waste & recycling sector. For utilities that want to improve their customer relationship and billing systems — or are considering a first–time deployment — the upgraded, pre-configured SAP Utility provides the technology, leading practices, and processes to help enhance system value and drive benefits. With these changes, utilities can provide better customer service and jump-start design and deployment for smart meter integration in less time at a lower cost, and with fewer risks. Keep energy supply chain running at peak performance and make more informed decisions…
• Integrated contract management capabilities (replication checks, bill adjustments, date adjustments)
• Built-in best practices for multiple utility industry segments
• Pre-configured templates and blueprints, tailored for utilities
• Device management: Manage the installations, meter reading, and the certification of all devices for a utility company
• Master data: Manage data that remains fixed for long periods of time
• Scheduling and Load Management: Track and optimize energy quantities along the value chain by managing data within a central system
What are Utilities Customer Information Systems?
Utilities Customer Information Systems are software packages that address meter-to-cash flow process and customer services. The meter-to-cash flow includes processes such as order processing, account maintenance, billing, accounts receivable, credit collection, statement preparation, product/ services management, and payment processing. For customer services, utilities provide interactive services such as call centers, voice response units, and interactive voice response.
What are the Top Utilities Customer Information Systems?
Oracle Utilities, Fluentgrid, Cayenta CIS, Gentrack, Advanced Utility Systems, Itineris, SAP Utilities are some of the Top Utilities Customer Information Systems.