Skype for Business
Skype is a web-based communications tool that offers video chat, international calls, and texting via the web. Dubbed by users and experts as one of the best VoIP solutions providers in the world, Skype offers instant messaging, group video conferencing, video chat, group chat, collaboration functionalities such as document and image sharing.
• Screen sharing & Group screen sharing
• Group calls & Forward calls
• Skype Number & Caller ID
• One-to-one video calls, Group video calls and Skype to Skype calls
• Video messaging, Instant messaging, Send texts (SMS) and Voice messaging
• Skype is a free communications app
• Business communication $2 per user per month.
• Online Plan 2 (Skype for Business online meetings): $5.50 user/month
• Office 365 Business Essentials: $5.00 user/month
• Office 365 Business Premium: $12.50 user/month
Small (<50 employees), medium (50 to 1000 enterprise (>1001 employees)
Skype for Business
• Files & contact sending
• Reliability and administration
• Built-in IM & Anytime IMs
• PowerPoint upload & Whiteboard
• Custom built accessories
• Large group meetings & Collaboration tools
• Online storage, On-demand support & Office apps
• With one click, anyone can join an online meeting, from any device.
• Record meetings, share the screen, and annotate PowerPoint for real-time collaboration with up to 250 people.
• Expertly manage the online meetings with advanced calling options, like muting one or all participants and transferring presenter control.
• Trust in business-quality meetings with encrypted video and audio streams, and 24/7 phone support when needed.
• Enjoy industry-leading HD video for online meetings that feel top quality and trustworthy.
• Focus more on the people in a call, with added features like automatic cropping and head tracking.
Skype is a web-based communications tool that offers video chat, international calls, and texting via the web. Dubbed by users and experts as one of the best VoIP solutions providers in the world, Skype offers instant messaging, group video conferencing, video chat, group chat, collaboration functionalities such as document and image sharing. With Skype contacting actual landlines and mobile phones is also offered for super low rates with no peak times.
Currently, Skype is owned by Microsoft, and brings on board all functionality and responsiveness expected from this reputed provider. Skype is very popular for its free video chat and communications capabilities, which are very basic at best. While calls from Skype to actual landlines and mobile phone numbers are rated, the expenses are so minimal. Some calls are even pegged at one cent per minute.
The user can opt to pay for the minutes they use or try their subscription plans for international calls for a specific region. Or if the user requires a wider reach, Skype offers unlimited calls to 63 countries for less than $15 per month. It offers a variety of communications channels that help boost productivity, encourages collaboration, and opens door for ideas and innovations to name a few. Up to 250 people can come into a Skype conference without leaving their desks or the comforts of their own homes.
Skype operates on all devices, from the desktops to mobile smart phones, making it easy for users to link up and communicate with each other and helping each other stay on top of their business, ideas, projects, and more. Although its feature set is limited, Skype for Business is quite easy to install and use and can be implemented on a desktop, laptop, and a Smartphone. It installation is fast and easy and there is not much learning curve when it comes to its operation.
You may like to read: Top Collaboration Software and How to Select the Best Collaboration Software for Your Business