How to Select the Best Quality Management Software
Quality Management Software(QMS) is an enterprise platform with an aim of improving management processes through development and management of software quality, hence making sure the user is satisfied with the product.
The main goal of quality management software is ensuring the products manufactured follow regulations and meet the quality standards expected by the end user. The management processes improved by use of quality management software is around management of product quality.
The Quality Management Software help manufacturers by ensuring quality across all their supply chain management, that starts from designing to producing to distributing and eventually service of their products and services.
The main modules of quality management software are; management of audit, management of supplier quality, management of risk, and control of statistical process. Quality management software works under four main categories. They include control of quality, improvement on quality, and assurance of quality
The quality management software deals with quality improvement through purposeful changing of manufacturing processes for improving the process of achieving an outcome.
In control of quality, quality management software maintains the originality of production cycle, therefore maintaining the effectiveness of achieving a great result. In assurance of quality, quality management software provides systematic actions that are vital in providing sufficient integrity that the produced service or product will meet the proposed regulations of the end user as well as regulatory requirements. Quality management software can be integrated with data model and IT architecture that help in facilitating collaboration and cross-functional communication between manufacturers and their customers.
Quality management software also is used in external quality processes other than only internal quality processes. The external quality processes majorly deal with suppliers by providing real time visibility of quality metrics in supplier performance and using scorecards that measure and monitor their performance. The internal quality processes simply deals with the engineering processes, manufacturing processes, supply chain, and service. With all this in place, quality management software has the ability to standardize processes, metrics, and expectations between manufacturer and the customer.
You may like to read: Top Quality Management Software and Top Best Practices in Enterprise Resource Planning
What are the Features of Quality Management Software
Quality management software provides the following features; audit management, change control, complaint management, document control, supplier quality management, statistical process control, employee training management, corrective and preventive action, non-conformance management, QMS extensions, out of specification management, e-Signatures, analytics and reporting, design reviews, email notifications, traceability matrix, role based security, and user dashboard.
Examples of Quality Management Software: Greenlight Guru, InspectionXpert, MasterControl, Qualio, Inspect2GO, QT9 QMS, QualityXpert, uniPoint, QCBD, IQMS QMS, 1Factory, IQS, Arena QMS, Global Shop Solutions, DevonWay QMS, Global Vision, Safety Culture, Mipsis are some of the examples of Top Quality Management Software.
- Audit management: It enables you to track all audit documents and tasks by keeping record of internal and third-party audits, tracking of the scheduled and results of every audit, and allowing manufacturers to evaluate the effectiveness of the auditors.
- Change control: It provides an excellent platform for identifying, defining, and organizing the tasks required for implementing a change in use of resources or company processes like packaging for a particular product.
- Complaint management: It enables you to investigate, respond to, and resolve complaints from the customers, therefore improving the quality of service.
- Risk management: It provides an excellent platform for manufacturers to easily evaluate risk by standardizing the risk assessment documentation and carrying out analysis on recurring issues in a single location.
- Document control: It enables manufacturers to organize all their documents related to production processes, starting from the files containing information about design of a product to standards compliance documentation all in a searchable and centralized database.
- Supplier quality management: It consists of supplier qualification workflows, supplier scorecards, and features for tracking supplier issues that help manufacturers select and monitor supply chain partners.
- Statistical process control: It enables you to collect, analyze, and visually display data from the machines at the shop floor level that help you in measuring statistical variations in output.
- Employee training management: It provides you with an excellent platform for managing employee training through ensuring that relevant course materials are completed and tracking training activities.
- Corrective and preventive action: It enables you to track and manage CAPAs through automatic routing of corrective or preventive actions to the preferred quality manager so they can accept or reject the action.
- Non-conformance management: It enables you to capture, resolve, and track defects and deviations in the production and supply chain.
- QMS extensions: It provides an excellent platform for automating the business-specific quality processes that include recall management and calibration.
- Out of specification management: It enables you to ensure out of specification lab result investigations are consistent and effective.
- e-Signatures: It enables you to sign of approvals, processes, and reviews with electronic signatures.
- Analytics and reporting: It provides an excellent platform for creating, exporting, and sharing user defined report as well as enables you to risk analysis and better project gap by using metrics that you require.
- Design reviews: It enables you to electronically conduct design reviews while providing everyone with access to the correct data.
- Email notifications: It enables you to receive instant notifications about approvals, tasks, and changes in production and supply cycle.
- Traceability matrix: It provides an excellent platform for creating trace matrix easily at the start of production process and have it always automatically updated.
- Role based security: It enables you to makes sure that the right personnel have access to the right data and at the right times.
- User dashboard: It enables you to create highly configurable dashboards that customers can personalize and share across your organization.
What are the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) of Quality Management Software
The key performance indicators of quality management software are; cost of quality, overall equipment effectiveness, complete and on time shipments, products percentage in compliance, and introduction of new products.
- Effectiveness of overall equipments: It enables you to know how to measure the asset availability and when it should be producing services and products for client- calculated by multiplying availability, efficiency, and quality of asset.
- Cost of quality: It enables you to measure the cost incurred by a company in manufacturing a quality product.
- Percentage of products in compliance: It provides an excellent platform for measuring the percentage of products that are in compliance with the internal guidelines and government regulations.
- On time and complete shipments: It enables you to know the percentage of products delivered complete having no errors and on time with no re-promise dates.
- New product introduction: It enables you to know the number of new products and services introduced in the market and are able to hit quality, volume, and time targets.
What are the Benefits of Quality Management Software
Quality management software provides the following benefits; satisfaction of customer, product consistency, production increase, minimized rework, financial performance increase, market share increase, implementation of best practices and process improvement, harmonization of regulatory requirements, and improve on documentation.
- Customer satisfaction: It helps you to ensure that your products and services meet the customer’s requirements, therefore increasing confidence of the customer on your products.
- Consistent products: It helps you to achieve more consistency in the project activities, therefore enhancing the effectiveness by improving on time usage and resources.
- Increase in production: It helps you to apply proper evaluation technique and better training of the employees, hence increasing your production level.
- Less rework: It helps you to minimize rework arising from warranty claims by using appropriate procedures that ensure prompt corrective actions are taken on occurrence of defects.
- Increased financial performance: It helps you to increase your product’s financial performance in the market by strictly following requirements on quality standards and regulations.
- Increase in market share: Quality management software provides appropriate management of project costs and risks, and identification of prospects based on development, therefore helping you increase reputation and market share.
- Implementation of best practices and process improvement: Quality management software direct efforts towards the improvement of processes, therefore helping you reduce expenditures, maintain consistency, and ensure your production is within the schedule baseline.
- Improve on documentation: It helps you to understand systems related to documents and its needs so that processes and activities are easily recordable and available.
- Harmonization of regulatory requirements: It helps you to organize CAPAs therefore providing you with the guidelines of deviation that is improper and linking of production records.
What are the Latest trends in Quality Management Software
The latest trends in quality management software are; Omni-channel communications, the cloud, data analytics, and internet of things.
- The cloud: Quality management software is now using “the cloud” as a vital asset across all the industries, therefore providing new benefits to managers-which include ease of system integration across the supply chain and process visibility.
- Omni-channel communications: The QMS software is now using mobile technologies that provide stakeholders across the supply and production chain real flexibility, with real-time communications and access of system from anywhere.
- Data analytics: Quality management software is now using data analytics for presenting a complete audit trail of assets and activities across the company and beyond, all by the system integration.
- Internet of Things (IoT): The QMS system is now providing an excellent platform for connecting platforms and operational devices, therefore enhancing real-time communication across multiple locations.
How to choose the right Quality Management Software
Choosing and purchasing quality management software is a tedious task. It is because of the different features and benefits provided by quality management software providers. The following is what to consider when choosing and purchasing quality management software;
- Software price versus value: The price of the Quality Management Software system should balance with the functionalities offered by the Quality Management Software system.
- Flexibility to adapt to business processes: The quality management system should adapt to all the production and supply chain cycles.
- Customization: The Quality Management Software system should allow to be customized to meet the requirements of your company’s production and supply chain cycle.
Top Quality Management Software
You may like to read: Top Quality Management Software and Top Best Practices in Enterprise Resource Planning