The open source project JMagallanes is an end user application for Olap and Dynamic Reports written in Java/J2EE.
Business Intelligence Open Source
• Written entirely in Java
• Execution available for J2SE and J2EE
• Visualization of reports in pivot tables, static reports (Using JasperReports), and charts
• High adaptation capability. Data integration with JDBC
• Consolidation of multiple data sources in one single report
• Calculated columns
• Drilldown to new cubes, static reports, or even web pages
• Report caching and cache expiration for "precalculated" use
• Export cubes to use and analyze them off-line
• PDF and Excel outputs
• Programmed report calculation and execution. It sends the results by mail automatically
• Wizard to generate the cube definitions from a SQL query
• Automatic static report layout generation tool, to complete with the use of IReport
Small (<50 employees), Medium (50 to 1000 Enterprise (>1001 employees)
The open source project JMagallanes is an end user application for Olap and Dynamic Reports written in Java/J2EE. It combines static reports (based on JasperReports), a Swing pivot table for OLAP analysis, and charts (based on JFreeChart). It reads from many data sources as SQL, Excel, XML, and others, and produces many outputs as PDF, XML, and application specific files for later off-line visualization of reports. With this initial deploy, it is possible to use all the features offered by the tool, also making users’ own reports.
JMagallanes Project contains different products which provide an extensive platform for the analysis of company's information. The open source software JMagallanes Olap and Reports is one of them. But the project also has other products, which still are not open source, and are offered as a part of the JMagallanes Project.
This additional components are JMagallanes Datawarehouse and JMagallanes Web. JMagallanes Datawarehouse is an extension for the Olap & Reports product, which allows the user to work efficiently with large data sources. This tool uses a data base server (which may be embedded or external), to create a datawarehouse repository of the report data, resulting in a much more efficient use of the information.
You may also like to read, Top Business Intelligence companies , Top Open Source and Free Business Intelligence Software , Cloud – SaaS – OnDemand Business Intelligence Solutions , Top Free Extract, Transform, and Load, ETL Software , Freemium Cloud Business Intelligence Solutions , Top Embedded Analytics Business Intelligence Software , Top Dashboard Software , Top Enterprise Performance Management Software ,Top Data Visualization Software,Top Business Intelligence Tools,Top Supply Chain Analytics Software,Top Conjoint Analysis Software,Top Unified Modeling Language (UML) Tools ,Top Mobile Business Intelligence Software ,Top Balanced Scorecard Software , Top Advertising Analytics Software and Top Business Process Management Software .