How to Select the Best Mobile Business Intelligence Software for Your Business
To reveal patterns and threads, those are hidden deep in massive operational databases; many organizations are relying on technologically enabled data management and analysis tools. Thus it is essential for new computational tools and theories that will allow users to extract insights from fast-growing digital data volumes. In the emerging field of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (KDD) lies the infamous business intelligence concept which is an excellent advancement in the business world.
This new computational tool helps to ease extraction of data from the rapidly increasing volumes of data which is on the rise daily. This concept promises to deliver instant business statistics in the palm of your customer’s hands. Business intelligence solutions provide enhanced functionality in the data processing in a network utilizing the server for specific operations and transmit the required information to the device.
Organizations are embracing the use of business intelligence in the management of data and analyzing the data to pull-out specific knowledge hidden in the vast databases in the operational environment. This tool can reveal patterns and trends.
Business intelligence has superiority with reasons such as improvement in productivity of employees, higher efficiency in business processes, better customer service, better and faster decision making and delivery of real-time bi-directional data access to facilitate decision making anywhere and anytime. With the unlimited remote access, this segment of technology is phasing out the traditional executive workplace replacing it the globe as a virtual office. So the idea of blending of Business intelligence and mobile devices has been discussed in this context.
What are Mobile Business Intelligence Software?
Mobile phones have come from a humble beginning form brick phones back in the 1980s to devices nowadays that can integrate AI systems. Users can get any insight from their handheld devices in seconds. To define mobile business intelligence, one must have a rough idea of business intelligence for a more natural grasp of the concept.
Mobile business intelligence, on the other hand, refers to a system which comprises of both organizational and technical elements that show historical and real-time information to the users on mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. This allows for efficient analysis and effective decision making by the management which would lead to increased performance by the organization.
Business intelligence applications involve the access and distribution of business information, statistics, and data via the mobile devices such as the iPhone among many others. The existence of these systems has been prevalent since the 90s but was taken into serious applications when the release of the iPhone woke up businesses to the stride.
With mobile business intelligence, a business can provide instant data and information to its clients and employees; a field officer could access real-time information on distribution schedules, inventories, and reports from the business database while in the field. This allows for firms to compete with other corporations on the global market.
You many want to review the Free and Top Mobile Business Intelligence Software
The field of mobile business intelligence made a significant advancement when it created two forms of applications to be used in mobile devices. These are:
(i) Native applications - These are downloaded from the application store and installed on the device
(ii) Web-based applications - These applications are accessed on the websites through the different web browsers in the market.
What are the user cases of Mobile Business Intelligence Software?
- Exceptions & Alerts : The users of the system are alerted of some events that are taking place outside of the standard procedure. A good example would be, when inventory levels decline at an alarming level resulting to threatening assembly line disruption, the purchasing office may be alerted on the issue; the same alert will be conveyed to the sales agent regarding shipment delay thus he or she may contact the customer and inform of the delay.
- Push Reporting : As the name states Push reporting involves executives on a regular schedule depending on where their devices can receive role specific reports like key performance indicators (KPIs). A good example, at the end of every week reports relating to alarming financial metrics either positive or negative, are pushed to the chief financial officer or sales, and marketing agents receive their weekly sales reports.
- Pull Reporting : Using appropriate methods of input for a given device, the workers can specify the kind of information they want. The user can access any insight that is available on the centralized server-based system. An example of such a scenario, sales executive queries the application by requesting it to identify the top 10 current customers or outline some crucial information about a specific client like detailed background. Advance data visualization with interactive graphs, maps and charts are all supported by this model.
What are Mobile Business Intelligence Software Applications?
Many businesses are seriously adopting the solution of integration of mobile applications in their business processes. This gives room for the business to detail what they need in their application to meet and even surpass the expectations. These demands allow for the business to serve their customers and clients efficiently. Mobile business intelligence can be differentiated as follows:
- Mobile client applications: As per now, this category of mobile business intelligence application is the most advanced system; the client application offers complete interactivity with the business intelligence content that is provided on the device. Information is easily retrievable and viewed conveniently on the mobile device. With the use of periodical caching of data by mobile devices, this data can be seen and analyzed by the client even without internet connection
- Mobile web-based applications: These applications are easily accessible to any mobile device as long as it has an internet connection and a web browser. They are often web-based, thin client, HTML-only applications. These application, unfortunately, are more than not static in both content and design and usually don’t provide any interactivity with the system. The traditional personal computers can read these applications with only a difference in the formatting of content on the screen. Mobile browsers can host a small fraction of the interactivity of a web-app.
- Custom devised applications: This is the application that was made with consideration of the existence of different formats of devices in use by clients. In similar terms, the information provided to the client is specific to the size of the screen of the mobile device, therefore, will employ the navigation controls to scroll through the content on view. The approach needs more effort than the mobile web-based applications, but no additional software is required.
For a business to choose which mobile application is for them, they have first to know the purpose that the mobile intelligence application will play in their operation and select one suited for that exact purpose.
What are the Enterprise Mobile Business Intelligence Software Requirements?
For an enterprise to fully utilize the vast power of mobility in business intelligence, this enterprise must possess the following requirements:
- Support an agile application lifecycle: Due to their iterative nature, mobile applications are influenced by the pace of the evolving mobile technological scene. This forces the developers of the applications to have a tool that enables them to easily and quickly through the app lifecycle paramount. An ideal mobile app platform would encompass a wide range of functionality which entails app development, deployment of the app, app monitoring and app maintenance. App development is done in three ways which are platform code, native code, and platform code-free development. The app is then deployed. The deployment is followed closely by app monitoring which is the perfecting of the app to get the enterprise mobility just right. Ultimately, an app will need updates to add content or improve functionality to the user.
- Be powered by an enterprise-ready infrastructure: For an application to launch and run smoothly in an enterprise, it will need enterprise-ready tools to handle the significant, complex data that is stored in the system. This data will need to be distributed to hundreds of thousands of users at the same time. These tools need to ensure dynamic adjustments to fit each user’s preferences and needs. To add to those requirements, the security of the organizations should be a priority too. An ideal enterprise mobile deployment would be based on the infrastructure that allows for high performance, scalability, enterprise-grade security, unfettered access to systems and personalization.
- Offers a superior user experience: Enterprises must prove an enhanced user experience with valuable app functionality. Therefore it is essential to use a great option for building the app. For maximization of the value of mobile apps, there are some key sectors to pay close attention to. These areas are Native vs. HTML5/hybrid apps, breadth of functionality and availability of the app online and offline.
- Openness in integration with other technology investments: Integrating of the app with other technologies, with examples of email, social media platforms, and the internet, in general, is important for the app deployment. This helps for the enterprise to gain leverage in the marketplace and the industry. Together with the leverage, most enterprises find significant value in using an integrated app.
How to Select the Best Mobile Business Intelligence Software for Your Business?
Several essentialities are required to characterize a high performing, robust and scalable enterprise mobile platform. The following are what an enterprise should look for in a mobile business intelligence platform.
- Rapid code-free development: The use of code-free development facilitates scalable and fast app creation by enabling a user to extend the grid of the company. The platform should be designed with an array of features in mind to help bring up an intuitive and scalable platform. The development must add robust functionality to the platform while also built to suit the purpose intended for the platform. During development of the application, it should be equipped to withstand substantial traffic without crashing.
- Platform capabilities: Features of the likes of strong app-level security, personalization, offline access, 24/7 alerting and support for collaboration. For a platform to be considered sufficient in its solution, it should deliver capabilities that include platform security, multi-source, and data blending, query optimization, internationalism, high performance, concurrency and tools for platform monitoring and system performance.
- Mobile-client deployment options: How the app will reach into the devices of the users is an important thing to note when selecting the mobile intelligence platform. Organizations can choose from several choices which option they would go for to deploy their application to their users. It could be to internal ‘enterprise’ users or external ‘consumers.’
- Client-side usage monitoring: The mobile intelligence platform should deliver superior monitoring capabilities. Client-side monitoring involves personalized analysis every time a user taps on the app screen. Statistics are collected on the time spent on each app screen, GPS location, exploration paths, cache usage and device type. This monitoring helps the developers perform cohort analysis, analyze performance and track adoption rates of new clients, devices and operating systems.
- Maintenance: With continued monitoring, it would be required to have improvements on the platform to ensure update of the platform to conform to competition. Changes to the system are critical during platform maintenance as changing the platform outlook must be simultaneously be updated with the system. This will reflect with speeding of the app, refinement of the app, and a redesigned perspective.
- Openness and extensibility : As earlier discussed, all enterprises must invest in technologies they wish to leverage their applications with. The app should be easily integrated with other technologies that they may have already deployed.
Top Mobile Business Intelligence Software
You many want to review the Free and Top Mobile Business Intelligence Software