Aptean Made2Manage ERP for Discrete Manufacturers
Aptean Made2Manage ERP for Discrete Manufacturers : Aptean Made2Manage 7.5, the latest version of its enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, services and support solution designed for small and medium-sized discrete manufacturers. This new release marks the complete move of Made2Manage (M2M) to Microsoft .NET technology as well as Microsoft SQL Reporting Services as its reporting engine. Aptean Made2Manage customer Press-Seal Gasket Corporation upgraded to version 7.5 in July 2015:
“The updated Microsoft .NET customization tools make it easy to customize and tailor Made2Manage to your overall business processes,” said Press-Seal Gasket Corporation IT Manager Chris Slater. Press-Seal Gasket, a long-time Aptean Made2Manage customer, is a leader in the design and manufacture of sealing products for underground collection systems worldwide.
“Made2Manage is central to everything we do—production numbers enable us to see inefficiencies, tweak customer pricing and set financials,” continued Slater. “In addition, M2M’s order tracking and reporting has helped us raise our on-time delivery numbers to 95 percent, the highest in company history.”
Made2Manage seamlessly integrates enterprise resource planning and scheduling with shop floor execution for discrete manufacturers with dynamic, to-order environments—including engineer-to-order, make-to-order, assemble-to-order, and mixed mode operations.
Made2Manage 7.5 features new capabilities and functionality based on specific input from Aptean customers like Press-Seal Gasket, including:
• Shop Floor Manager and Planning & Scheduling: Redeployed on Microsoft .NET technology in the M2M Framework, allowing for consistent user interface and customization.
• Bar Code Posting: Now delivered as-a-service to ease the support process for IT staff.
• Advanced Engineering Change Orders: A new feature allowing multiple item engineering changes as well as simultaneous approvals.
• Multi-Currency Enhancement: In the Company (COMP) screen a default view can now be set for a multi-currency transaction as functional or transactional as well as the ability to view both transactions on all of the pertinent screens.
• Sales Order Status: M2M now allows the control of sales ordersby line item and release. Individual lines and releases can be Cancelled, Put on Hold or Closed without modifying the status of the Sales Order as a whole.
“Made2Manage 7.5 operates at the speed of your shop floor, driving your operations to run at maximum efficiency and quickly react to customer demands,” said Aptean Made2Manage Product Director Pandu Vangal.