Apache CouchDB is a scalable, fault-tolerant, and schema-free document-oriented database. It's used in large and small organizations for a variety of applications where a traditional SQL database isn't the best solution for the problem at hand.
• ACID Semantics: Can handle a high volume of concurrent readers and writers without conflict
• Native support for BLOBs (Binary Large Objects)
• Futon, a browser based GUI and management tool
• Incremental and bi-directional replication
• Master-master setups with automatic conflict detection
• Map / Reduce Views and Indexes: The function takes a document and transforms it into a single value that it returns
Contact for Pricing
Small (<50 employees), Medium (50 to 1000 employees), Enterprise (>1001 employees)
• Schema-Free: New document types with new meaning can be safely added alongside the old
• Scalability: Works effectively on one machine and through replication can be scaled out to many machines
• Distributed: Any number of CouchDB hosts (servers and offline-clients) can have independent "replica copies" of the same database
• Eventual Consistency: Provides both availability and partition tolerance
Apache CouchDB is a scalable, fault-tolerant, and schema-free document-oriented database. It's used in large and small organizations for a variety of applications where a traditional SQL database isn't the best solution for the problem at hand. CouchDB is a terrific single-node database that works just like any other database behind an application server of your choice. CouchDB is also a clustered database that allows user to run a single logical database server on any number of servers or VMs. A CouchDB cluster improves on the single-node setup with higher capacity and high-availability without changing any APIs. CouchDB makes use of the ubiquitous HTTP protocol and JSON data format and is compatible with any software that supports them. CouchDB also works great with external tools like HTTP proxy servers, load balancers… CouchDB is built for servers (from a Raspberry Pi to big cloud installations). CouchDB is serious about data reliability. Individual nodes use a crash-resistant append-only data structure. A multi-node CouchDB cluster saves all data redundantly, so it is always available when needed. CouchDB’s unique Replication Protocol is the foundation for a whole new generation of “Offline-first” applications for Mobile applications and other environments with challenging network infrastructures. The CouchDB file layout and commitment system features all Atomic Consistent Isolated Durable (ACID) properties. To protect who can read and update documents, CouchDB has a simple reader access and update validation model that can be extended to implement custom security models. CouchDB never overwrites committed data or associated structures, ensuring the database file is always in a consistent state.